Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Working on a Lonestar

One the best things that has happened to me on my journey to becoming a quilter was the invitation by a former colleague to join a group of ladies who meet twice a month and make "comfort quilts" which are given to anyone who is in need of comforting.  I have met some of the nicest ladies in this group and I am constantly learning new things from these very experienced quilters.  I look forward to my Tuesday Piecemakers group more than I can say.  As a side benefit, occasionally one of the ladies will take the time to show us how to accomplish a' new to us' technique.  This month we are learning how to make a Lonestar (or sometimes called Radiant Star) quilt.  I've sharing a couple pictures of the diamonds for mine which are completed on schedule.  Next week I'll learn how to do the background and borders.  I'm excited to see the finished product.  What do you think so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment