Monday, March 5, 2012

Sharing Old Projects

I had a very busy weekend although sadly it didn't include any sewing.  I was away on a church retreat.  Really great presenters, lots of 'food for thought' (lots of tummy food too) but very long hours.  I am exhausted!  So today, instead of sewing I have just been tidying up my sewing room, looking at the new jelly rolls I bought last week and dreaming about the millions of projects I want to do!  I thought I would share some pictures of a few of the projects I have completed over the last three years.  When I don't have anything new to share I'll throw a couple of these up for you to look at.

On a completely different topic...my daughter and her boyfriend brought me a present last night....a fish.  The long story behind this gift is the fact that my husband, who loves animals, is deathly allergic to both cats and dogs.  All my daughter was able to have for pets when she was growing up were hamsters.  The last of the hammies recently passed away at the ripe old age of nearly three! My daughter now lives on her own and has both a cat (Oliver) and a dog (Paisley).  I frequently and loudly lament the fact that there can be no pets in my home!  Thus, after listening to Mom whine one more time, Emma and Adrian brought me a Siamese Fighting Fish whom I promptly named Angel.  I suspect he is a boy fish and the name Angel might not be too appropriate but I don't care.  Angel he is!  And he is beautiful!  Not as nice as a cat mind you but hey...he'll do!


This is a "Not So Yellow Brick Road that I made for our family room.  It turned out well enough but I have to be honest...now that I've made it...Yellow Brick Road isn't my favorite pattern.  Maybe it needs some brighter colors.

I made this wall hanging in a class I took.  I think the pattern was called Bargello with a Twist.  It was really cool to see all the different looks that could be had simply by turning the blocks around.

And this one was a Block of the Month program from one of our local quilt stores.  I actually like how it turned out.  It was a gift for a friend's cabin in Northern Saskatchewan and she loved it.

1 comment:

  1. Great quilts Denise.

    Too bad you can't have the cat you'd like, but I hear your husbands pretty nice too. Maybe when he croaks (the husband, that is), you can get a cat the very same day - after the funeral, of course. :-)

    ReplyDelete